It's too hot for December

I think what I said back here is already being proved wrong. We are not going to have one of those hot wet summers. It is going to be hot and dry. Today the city was covered in a thick brown grey smoke haze from the fires burning all around. You could smell it. Walking down to the pool, I could feel myself breathing it, the taste of burning tree from miles away sticking in my throat.

Issues of the state going up in flames aside, the smoke haze seems to suck all the colour out of everything. Or if the sun comes out behind the haze, as evidenced by a faint shadow,  the light is strange. Nothing looks sharp (eventhough the camera is set to vivid colour and the contrast has been turned up later). It's hot too and everything is limping.


No comments:

Post a Comment