yet another use for the hills hoist

The other evening at the dentist, as I was waiting for my root canal treatment, flicking through the trashy magazines and trying not to be bothered by the sounds of two radios (on different stations) and a dental video, I happened upon this. In the current Cosmopolitan, a magazine I would never buy, because I am far too old for that sort of nonsense. Indeed, I think I'm probably old enough now to be the mother of women in this demographic. But anyway.



Dentistline_2 



It's an ad for jeans. And there's another one in the same series where the man is wedged in what looks like a commercial ironing press in some sort of factory. I'd include it here but the picture came out kind of blurry. This looks like some sort of caravan park. Romanticising poverty, or are they on holidays? Housework as a kind of domination, slightly kinky and perverted? Instead of just plain work. Or is it just a convenient angle for his butt?



2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I'd go with kinky. Or at the very least ... arty. Very arty indeed.
    Blokes and washing lines don't generally go together, do they? Come to think of it, I'm not sure my fella even knows where ours is...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we all know that sort of weight would pull the cords of a rotary line all out of true!

    ReplyDelete